Business Property Network takes protecting your privacy extremely seriously. It’s important to us that you trust us with your personal information, so we want to make you aware of what information we hold about you and how we collect, store and process it to provide our services to you.
What personal information do we collect?
The information we collect from you will depend on the service you have requested from us. This information may include your full name, business email address, business telephone number, business name, physical business address and website address.
What do we use your personal information for?
We will process the information that you provide to us in the following ways for the purpose of (and on the basis of) providing the services we have been engaged to deliver to you:
- to contact you about properties we are promoting
- to send you a monthly newsflash with relevant news articles
- to provide you with regular updates on topics relevant to the services we are providing
- where you have consented to us doing so, to provide you with further information about Business Property Network and other services.
How do we protect your personal information?
We aim to protect your personal information in the following ways:
- keeping information up to date, primarily through regular contact with you
- storing information in secure locations, including information stored electronically
- destroying information which is no longer relevant, unless we have a legitimate reason or statutory obligation to retain it
- minimising, wherever practicable, the number of staff or third parties who have access to your information.
How long do we keep your personal information?
Wherever practicable, we will retain your personal information for no longer than is necessary; however, there are circumstances in which we will keep your information for longer, including;
- where we have a statutory or regulatory obligation to retain the information (we are required to keep certain information for specified minimum periods, and in some cases indefinitely, depending on the services we provide)
- to ensure our business is properly run in an efficient and compliant manner.
Who else has access to your personal information?
In order to provide you with the services that you have requested from us, there are a number of third parties who may also need to process your personal information:
- Somerset Web Services
- Constant Contact
As the requirements of Business Property Network change, we may need to change the third parties who process your information to meet those requirements.
In some cases, third parties may be based outside of the European Economic Area (EEA); however, Business Property Network will always ensure these third parties operate as if they were based inside the EEA in terms of data protection as part of our due diligence.
Accessing your personal information
You have the following rights regarding your personal information:
- to make a request to see the personal information we hold about you
- to change/update the personal information we hold about you
- to ask us to erase the personal information we hold about you, unless there is a statutory, regulatory or otherwise legitimate reason for us not to comply (we will always provide you with more details about your rights in our response to your request)
- to ask us to provide you or a third party with the personal information we hold about you.
If you wish to exercise any of your rights regarding your personal information we hold about you, contact us by email on [email protected] or phone us 01749 670064